Thursday 29 April 2021

Lego Summer Fun Water Park 41430

 This is a bright and fun set that has a great deal of play value.  The included Friends minidolls DO fit in the waterslides and I will readily admit to sending most of them down the tube slide several times, had to check they fit after all (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).

There are a lot of fun details added to this set but I particularly like the pink crustacen moulds that form decor5ative details - the little seahorse is stinking cute and does make a good little statuette.  There is a lot going on here with a bar area, a changing room, a relaxation deck and then of course the main feature is the pool area which takes up the entire front of the model.  Throw in a handful of accessories from lilos to a Unicorn Floatie and your Friends really do everything they need to have a great day out at the pool.  Even an ice cream van for refreshments (love the little ice cream cones on the roof).

The build itself is well laid out in the accompanying booklet and although there are some fun and unusual techniques used the pacing is such that it is easy to construct even without any previous Lego building experience.  The colours make this a great deal of fun to build and make it very appealing to the eye, the turquoise and yellow combination really does it for me for some reason.  I had a lot of fun building this set and it does make me smile when I look at it on the shelf where it currently resides.

Please Note: The grey baseplate the minidolls are shown on is from my stash and not part of the kit.  It is purely there to display them in order to get a photo.

Number Of Pieces: 1001

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.09

Build Time: 2.5 Hours






 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...