Thursday 29 April 2021

Lego Spring Lantern Festival 80107

 I was absolutely blown away by this set, the level of detailing is absolutely immense and I constantly found myself ooohhhing and ahhing with pleasure as I was building.  It is also a substantial display piece and even though mine has had to go on a low shelf it still draws the eye with the bright colouration and the intricacy of the scene.  I am going to mention the location of the trigger for the light brick just enough to say it makes me giggle like a 7 year old every time I trigger it.

With 7 minifigures included (6 if you factor in the red statue) you really can populate your scene in a pleasing way.  Even better they come with fun little accessories so crack out the selfie stick or slurp on some Ramen whilst you visit the park.

Good range of building techniques that do leave you wondering where the designer is going with this and then suddenly you have a moon gate or a gazebo.  With a good range of colours used in transparent and opaque bricks and tiles there really is a sense of depth to the water and the printed Koi are just the chefs kiss on top of a beautiful set.

In all honesty I was keen to get this set when I first saw it and it has completely blown my expectations out of the water.  If you are on the fence about this one then take the plunge you certainly won't regret it - I definitely didn't and I am becoming hard to please.

Number Of Pieces: 1793

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.05

Build Time: 4.5 Hours








 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...