Wednesday 21 April 2021

Lego Castle Of The Forsaken Emperor 70678

As we know by now I have a bit of a "problem" with Ninjago Dragons - I seem to be incapable of not picking them up.  The Dragons and the Mechs just speak to me for some reason.  However, until I pulled this set out of the stash I hadn't even realised there was a dragon included - this purchase was all about the buildings and the snowy feel.

Wow, this is a GREAT set, there is so much included in here I don't know where to start.  The stand out bit for me is the gate mechanism that leads to the Emperor's throne, I genuinely spent ages playing with it and couldn't wait to show it off to The Boy when he got home from working away.  So much so this sat on the in progress shelf until he got back so I could show it off before putting it in it's new home - good job I did as I then realised just how much Ninjago stuff I had and you can barely see it on the shelf.

I did have a little bit of trouble putting the roof on the first tower on the main Castle section but that was more down to sausage fingers than a failure on the Lego Designer's part.  It does use some fun techniques that I hadn't used before but once I wrapped my brain around them and forced my fingers to comply the second tower went much easier.

Throw in a dragon with a HUGE wingspan and a separate tower with a roof mounted crossbow and ther eis a lot of fun to be had with this set.  I tend to build to display but I did have a lot of fun playing with it and showing off all of it's little functions.

Fabulous range of minifigures.  I have no idea who most of them are - Lloyd is in ther ein his green outfit and I think the black outfit guy is Cole, other than that I have no idea and the box is now upstairs.  What I would say is the Catgirl minifigure is on my top ten list of favourite minifigures, just so detailed and outright fun!

Number Of Pieces: 1218

Approximate Price Per Piece: Retired Product

Build Time: 3.25 Hours

PLEASE NOTE: The base plates used to display the minifigures included in this set are NOT part of the kit, I pulled them from my stash to use for display purposes only.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...