Thursday 29 April 2021

Lego Jurassic Park T-Rex Rampage 75936

 I have been eyeing this set up for quite a while.  Not for the giant brick built T-Rex but for the gate with all the numerous film references on the rear.  Jurassic Park definitely features wuite high on my Top Ten list of films that make me happy so I have kept looking at this and sighing and now I finally got it and the build started in pretty short order.

Fred, the T-Rex (no idea why Fred but he seems to like it) was an incredible build.  I am really pleased with how darn sturdy and strong he is.  I have had a couple of issues with tail sections breaking loose when posing him but that is down to me being heavy handed.  I did think he would be a little wobbly but the balance on this figure is incredible - he is displayed in quite a high traffic area and being an old property the floorboards tend to be a bit "springy" but he has yet to come crashing off the shelf or do more than waggle his tail a bit.  The mouth is openable but I will admit to going for the full on roar setting rather than posing him in a less threatening manner (he knows that toilet with a tasty snack is just on the back of the gate).

The mini figures are really well realised and definitely bring a Lego flair to recognisable characters.  My favourite is the print on the front of Dennis Nedry which gives the illusion of a podgy belly.  For some reason the hairy chested Ian Malcolm makes me a little uncomfortable but it does make the figure instantly recognisable.

I did have some issues getting the sides of the gate lined up correctly to create the rock face look.  Took a bit of fiddling and careful angling but I got there in the end.  Each little room is a joy of reference to the film and Lego did manage to get their toilet in there (what IS their obsession?).  Only downside is there is no vehicle for the track that runs through the gate centre, just needed that to make it complete and my MOC skills really aren't up to it.

Very large and impressive set and makes a wonderful display talking point.

Number Of Pieces: 3120

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 8.5 Hours






 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...