Wednesday 21 April 2021

Lego Police Station 10278

 I have been enjoying the Modular range of buildings but I wasn't too sure about this one, particularly with the very small buildings either side of the main structure.  I did love the effect of ivy trailing up the side of the building and the way the arcitecture of the Police Station matches well with the existing line so I decided that I would take the plunge and get it.  I am SO glad that I did.

Yes, the donut shop and the newspaper stand are small.  However, proportionally they work really well with the main building.  The colour contrasts work to their advantage and the donut shop feels much more spacious than it really is.

It is the little details that make this one for me.  However, talking of details what is the Lego obsession with toilets?  It is genuinely amazing to me how many sets have a toilet build crammed in there; even better most of them are built in different ways so you do get to try a range of techniques for such a standard piece of equipment.  Now I've got past that can we talk about the crime board in the office - you can't see it when it's on display as a full building but it made my dried up little heart sing with joy.

Wonderful mixture of building techniques and some new SNOT uses that I hadn't used previously (or if I have then I have forgotten them).  The use of the gear wheels for trees is absolute genius.

Fabulous set with impressive detailing and is a great deal of fun to build.

Number Of Pieces: 2923

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06

Build Time: 7.5 Hours

PLEASE NOTE: The baseplate used to display the minifigures in my photo is from my stash and is not part of the kit.







 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...