Saturday 10 February 2018

The Little Village Christmas by Sue Moorcroft

This is the first time I've visited Middledip but that didn't lessen my enjoyment of this book.  I may not have known the background to all the peripheral characters visited here but as the story really concentrates on Alexia and Ben this sn't a problem.  You soon feel you know everyone from the opening few pages and the tale unfolds at a sure and steady pace and somehow sucks you in.

Some of the situations feel very contrived and made me go "as if" and "really" but once I suspended reality and decided to just go with it I genuinely enjoyed the trials and tribulations that were plotted out for our intrepid duo.  It can hardly be a spoiler to say they get together at the end of the book as this is what this genre is all about but it was genuine fun getting to that point.  Even if I did want to heartily slap Alexia at times.

This book is an easy festive read that will not tax you at all but it is strangely engrossing and fun.

**Review originally published December 30th, 2017**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...