Monday 26 February 2018

Miss Match by Lindzee Armstrong

I found this book to be very hit and miss, some segments I loved and others left me wanting to just tear my hair out in frustration.  The whole "love triangle" thing left me completely cold as I found it to be lacking in any real warmth or believability.  Brooke is a not very sympathetic character and I found her to be written as pretty shallow and naive, I certainly didn't care about whether she would realise that her Billionaire Best Friend, Luke, was the love of her life over arty and faithless Antonio.  In fact her relationship with Antonio is actually appalling in the way he seeks to control her every move, so toxic.

However, I really enjoyed the matchmaking sections at Toujour and Luke's disastrous first dates.  In fact he is the only character that was able to drive any sort of empathy from me.  I could certainly have done with more tales of his dating disasters over Brooke's endless whining over her love life.

Sorry this was definitely not one for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...