Saturday 10 February 2018

The Cosy Christmas Chocolate Shop by Caroline Roberts

Having read a lot of Trisha Ashley and her baking and chocolate making addictions coming to the fore I was hoping for more of the same from this book.  Sadly, it didn't speak to me in the same way, despite the mouth-watering descriptions of the fillings and flavours of the chocolates created through the seasons for Emma's seaside chocolate shop.

There are two romances going on here, both revolving around the Chocolate Shop.  The one that we are focusing on is Emma's burgeoning relationship with Mr Kiss.  This is backdropped by her worries over keeping the shop after her landlord hikes the price up.  The tale spans a full year but as the name of the book suggests most of the focus is on Christmas and the changes between the one we see Emma enduring at the start of the book and the one she is enjoying at the end of the book.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with the book and it is well written with a certain charm but it just didn't speak to me and keep me reading.

**Review originally published December 30th, 2017**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...