Saturday 10 February 2018

Christmas Promises at the Little Wedding Shop by Jane Linfoot

I started off not particularly enthused about this tale.  It was pleasing enough but nothing really grabbed me about the main character, Holly.  In fact, she struck me as being more than a touch miserable and completely self-involved.  As I read further and further I got more and more involved in the tale and the juxtaposition of Holly's new life in London and her old one at St Aidan.

This book has a great mixture of everything that is needed for that warm, festive feeling - right down to Santa and his side-kick Elf in their pony drawn sleigh.  Once you settle in the characters start to unfold and become fully rounded - well, the new ones of Rory and Holly do, knowledge of the others relies on you having read some of the previous books (fortunately I have so it was quite easy for me to keep up).

Considering I do not have a romantic bone in my body when it comes to real life I do genuinely enjoy a good chic lit book.  This one has all the sparkles that you want in the terms of romance, what with all the weddings (enormous, large and tiny) that Holly has to attend you get plenty of awwwww moments.  Couple this with a sprinkling of village closeness in the Festive Season and it is sure to warm you through on those cold winter nights.

**Review originally published December 30th, 2017**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...