Saturday 10 February 2018

The Chocolate Garden by Ava Miles

Although I haven't read the first Dare River book I don't think that really hampered this tale.  There is enough information in this book that you know pretty much what happened in that book - probably enough that if you have read the first one you find it gets in the way of the story.

It must be said that this is a very formulaic book and that there are little to no surprises within its pages.  The characters aren't particularly interesting or even likeable.  John Parker in particular comes across as a complete wet blanket who is far too in touch with his feminine side which makes the character completely one dimensional; in fact all the characters read as one dimensional.

I did manage to complete the entire book but it was relegated to the bedtime slot so too a while to hack through it but I did get there - have to admit it did mean I went to sleep pretty quickly after going to bed instead of reading for far longer than I should.  I am sure there are plenty of people out there who enjoy an uncomplicated romance with cardboard characters but I can definitely conclude that I am not one of them.

**Review originally published October 19th, 2017**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...