Friday 2 July 2021

Lego Ninja Sub Speeder 71752

 I am a big fan of the Ninjago range of models and have even managed to catch a couple of the cartoon episodes.  However, ther eis just something a little bit disappointing about this model.  Don't get me wrong it has great functionality but something about the colour combination just puts me off and makes me feel slightly sad about the finished product.  For me it would have been better as either the lighter, brighter blue and yellow throughout OR the darker blue and gold throughout.  The combination of all 4 colours just looks disjointed to me.

The model itself is incredibly sturdy feeling and feels like it will lend itself well to quite vigorous play - of course this is Lego so don't drop it or pieces are going to sproing in all directions.  The build instructions are clear and don't overwhelm you with too many pieces per step.  There are a moderate number of stickers for the size of the model and they are worth attaching as they do elevate the look of the vehicle.

This is actually an amphibious craft so you can use it as a standard race car style vehicle which works well.  However, the front wheels fold underneath the body of the vehicle and the rear wheels angle around the rear of the vehicle.  This allows it to convert in to an underwater craft (please note - this model will not float, it is going to sink if you put it in water) so you can chase those snake headed bad guys.

The set comes with 4 minifigures - 2 of the Maaray Guards and then Scuba Cole and Scuba Jay as our good guys.  For the size of the set 4 minifigures is a great addition and really gives you plenty of play flexibility.

Overall this is a fun set.  However, I wish more thought had been given to the colours and I would have preferred all 4 tyres to fold underneath the model.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 356

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 1 Hours












 Why not check out my Unboxing and Review of this set over on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...