Monday 19 July 2021

Lego Hydro Bounty 71756

 On the whole this is actually a really great set.  I only have a couple of niggles with the completed set but they were enough for me to mark it down by a whole star.

You get a full complement of the Ninjago team in this set which is great and I am certainly not going to moan at that.  You actually get:

Scuba Nya
Scuba Jay and the land option
Scuba Zane
Scuba Kai and the land option
Scuba Cole
Scuba Lloyd and the land option

There are also two Wu Bots which are quirky little characters but I'm not entirely sure where they fit in to the whole Ninjago-verse.  I'm guessing they are the Ninjago droid equivalents of R2D2 and BB8.

Unfortunately you only get two of the bad guy team:

Prince Kalmaar (still my favourite mould)
Maaray Guard

Really feels lacking on the bad guy front for this set.

The Hydro Bounty itself is a pretty neat ship and there is room to pop both of the include sub builds in to the belly of the beast.  Personally I think they are too cool looking to tuck away so I popped the 2 chests and the scuba stand in to the hull.  The propulsion system is pretty neat and engineered in such a way that you can adjust it and the fins explode outwards (forgot to get photos of that I'm afraid).

However, the nose cone pulls out to make the weakest mech in the world.  It really isn't the easiest to pull off and reattach and the mech itself is fiddly to assemble in such a way as it will stand up.  Accordingly I am ignoring the possibility of doing that as it really does not work for me in any way shape or form.

Overall pretty pleased with the build quality and the techniques used to create it.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 1159

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 3.25 Hours




















 Why not check out my Unboxing and Review on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...