Monday 19 July 2021

Lego Magical Caravan 41688

 Although the main feature of this set is the caravn it also comes with a fortune teller stall, which I figure sort of makes sense.  The little stall is highly detailed and there is even a fun little mechanism to rotat the crystal ball which has a comedy and a tragedy mask printed on the glow in the dark roundel so either a good ro abad outcome.  Definitely super fun and quirky.

The caravan comes with a horse to pull it.  Even better you have a spare jumper tile so you can disconnect the harness and still have a functional horse - although the minidoll does have to stand on it's back rather than sit.  The best bit though is that it comes with the world's cutest owl figure - definitely made the set for me.

What I didn't realise until I came to build this set was that the side of the caravan lifts up to make a genuine playset.  Great idea and the inside of the caravan is strangely detailed which surprised me, I expected it to be more of a shell of a vehicle than an operational home on the road.  The little table that lifts up to reveal a toilet made me giggle (it's the little things it seems!).

Again, the real let down in the set is the inclusion of only 2 minidolls.  Definitely need to see more figures with sets like these so you can really get the most out of the play experience.

Overall this is a cute set but something just feels off for me on the set as a whole.  I'm not entirely sure what it is but I just felt a little bit let down overall .  I do question the design choice of the glow in the dark pieces for the caravn roof as it automatically means they are an off white and it just looks weird.  I'm not even sure why your caravan roof would glow in the first place.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 348

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.13

Build Time: 1 Hour














 Why not check out the Unboxing & Review on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...