Thursday 1 July 2021

Lego Dots Creative Designer Box 41938

 There is such a LOT in this set and so much you can do with it.  It comes with a booklet that steps you through building 5 items and gives you a few decorating options.  After each one there are a number of images for alternate builds based on that theme - many of these builds have downloadable instructions so if something particularly takes your fancy they are easy to recreate.  Of course, this is really just a box full of "bits" that you can use to make and decorate whatever you can imagine.

The only real let down of the builds is the frame.  It isn't designed to take a printed image but rather it is more a plaque to decorate.  Admittedly I think it is titled as a name plate so that could just be me misinterpreting.  It was the most fun to decorate though - so there you go.  The 4 other suggested builds are really fun and quite simple in construction.  Even better they are actually useful, my computer desk now has plenty of Lego storage solutions and I LOVE IT.

The colours of the decorating tiles have a range of pastel and saturated colours with plenty of black and white.  I did try and use a variety of them across the pieces but I did find I was missing a proper green.  That is my only real gripe with the set.  I did like that there was a range of tile types in each colour as this made it easier to try and create your own design.  The inclusion of alphabet tiles is also a fun idea and you can go to town with verbiage as there are quite a few of each letter.

This is definitely a great set for anyone who loves to create and would keep you occupied for hours trying to fine tune those designs.

PLEASE NOTE: The minifigures used to decorate the pieces are from my stash and are NOT included in the set.  The tubs showing all the parts sorted are NOT part of the set and also come from my stash.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 849

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.04

Build Time:
Drawers - 10 Minutes building and 20 Minutes decorating
Pen Pot - 5 Minutes building and 10 Minutes decorating
Frame - 2 Minutes building and 25 Minutes decorating
Tray - 3 Minutes building and 5 Minutes decorating
Photo/Note Holder - 2 Minutes building and 10 Minutes decorating



















 Why not check out my Unboxing and Review on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...