Thursday 1 July 2021

Lego Mopar Dodge // SRT Top Fuel Dragster and 1970 Dodge Challenger 76904

 In all honesty I wanted this twin pack of vehicles just for the 1970s Dodge Challenger build - mainly because it is purple.  Yes, yes I KNOW!  The Dragster build really didn't interest me and it didn't look particularly interesting as a model - I was wrong!  The Dragster is an epic model and of all the Speed Champions I have built it is my favourite.

The build itself is fairly standard Lego fare.  The set comes with 4 numbered bags of bricks, 2 instruction booklets and 2 sticker sheets.  Book 1, bags 1 and 2 and 1 of the sticker sheets is for the Dragster.  Book 2, bags 3 and 4 and the other sticker sheet are for the Challenger.  Each model comes with a minifigure that has a hair or helmet option.

Something strage Lego do with the Challenger is add the side trim stickers at the end of the build so instead of attaching the sticker to the brick and then incorporating it in to the model you build the model then put the stickers on.  I am not a fan of this technique and would much rather attach the stickers before applying the block - makes it much easier, in my opinion, to line the darned things up.  Fortunately the Dragster you apply as you go - which is good as there are a LOT of stickers for this model.  It is well worth persevering with the sticker application on the Dragster though as it really elevates the model - the bee theme really pops against the black and at least the cockpit cover is a pre-print.

You do use some unusual building techniques for the Dragster, primarily to get the long nose section built.  The Challenger is a fairly standard Speed Champions Construction.  Both models are the 8 stud wide versions which makes it much easier to get your minifigure in to the model.  Unfortunately there are no doors on the challenger - you have to remove the roof to fit your driver in - luckily this is relatively easy to achieve.

Overall this is a really great looking set when built but the 12"+ long Dragster really puts the Challenger in to the shade.  Both models are sturdy once built and the wheels work well for play - although, mine have pride of place in my display.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 627

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.08

Build Time:
Dragster - 45 Minutes
Challenger - 45 Minutes

















 Why not check out my You Tube Unboxing and Review of this set:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...