Monday 12 July 2021

Lego Magical Ferris Wheel & Slide 41689

 I absolutely LOVED building this set.  The fairground / theme park really speaks to me but there was just something about the techniques and colour selection about this one that made me exceptionally happy.  The colours are fresh and bright and really pop against the white highlights and just make the whole thing come together so beautifully.

The set comes with:

A small sideshow building which is decked out as a candy store - the gumballs on the roof are a great touch.

The Helter Skelter or slide as they call it.  The minidolls easily fit in the slide and do genuinely slide down it under their own steam.  This is where the magic trick comes in as well - as far as I can tell it is the great disappearing top hat but I'm not entirely certain.  Really cute styling n this building and the black and white tower to hold the slide in poition is a great foil for the brighter colours.

The Ferris Wheel.  The choice of top hats for the seating is absolutely genius, works so well with the overarching Magic theme (even better they are in my favourite colour).  Only one minidoll will fit in the seat at a time but that is a minor niggle.  The fact there is a little handle at the back to turn the wheel is an unexpected feature - it turns just as well by pushing it and it took me a couple of plays to realise that was what the piece was for and it wasn't just for holding all the pieces together.

Also included are 3 minidolls.  This set really could have done with more as it looks really sparsely populated with only the 3 dolls to play in it.

I am completely obsessed by the Friends Theme and this range has just made that so much worse.  Great colours and some unusual building techniques along with a theme that speaks to me and I was like a child again.  I am absolutely thrilled with everything about this and it is difficult to write a review that isn't just a great big love letter to the Lego Gods.

Many thanks to the Amazon Vine Program for a review copy of this product.  The opinions expressed in this review are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Lego or Amazon.  This is also an honest and unbiased opinion based on my experience with the product and is not influenced by it being a review copy.

Number Of Pieces: 545

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.10

Build Time: 1.25 Hours




















 Why not check out the full set Unboxing and Review on You Tube:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...