Monday 17 August 2020

Lego The Knight Bus 75957

 It is a very long time since I have built with Lego but seeing as the chances of getting even a mini-break in 2020 are slim to none I made the decision to splurge what we would likely have spent on going away on some fun hobby stuff.  I am still overly obsessed with Harry Potter and this kit has been catching my eye at local stores and online for about 18 months now.

Yes, the price seems high but when you look at the quality of a Lego set you start to understand why.  Not only is the engineering behind the design impeccable but the bricks themselves slot together securely, are richly coloured and have limitless uses.

Building itself is a great deal of fun and the instructions are in a handy booklet with step by step images.  The bricks come in numbered bags which correspond to each step in the booklet so you don't have 400+ pieces scattered around whilst you build.  This also makes it much easier to segregate the pieces by type and colour and there is a large amount of variation in the pieces needed to create the Knight Bus.

There is a large amount of play value with this set.  The most impressive thing for me was the way one side of the bus itself is hinged so you can open it up and access the inside to place your figures.  The roof of the bus also lifts off to give access to the top deck.  Stability overall was very good, I did play with it for a little while and didn't have issues with pieces dropping off as I played.  This is probably due to the fairly basic rectangular structure but that is ultimately what a bus is.

The only thing is I would have liked it to be maybe a little wider as it is a little "snug" to get the figures in.

Total Pieces: 403

Approximate Cost per piece: £0.09

Build Time: 1.5 Hours

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...