Friday 21 August 2020

Lego Hogwarts Clock Tower 75948

 Lots of fun details in this kit that is definitely based around the Yule Ball that takes place in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  The little tables with the icicle detailing are so cute looking and the first thing you build so it gives you hope for the set being highly detailed and kind of sweet.  The next part of the build is building a dance floor and it is built from interconnecting cogs that mean as you move one the full set of 4 move as does the dancefloor so it gives the effect of the minifigures waltzing around.  Throw in the detailing of the Prefect's Bathroom and the running taps and even if the rest of it was a cop out on the detailing it would still be a good buy.  This is Lego though so there is definitely no copping out going on.

This was a really fun build and I took my time with it to draw out the set a little so lots of little breaks to sit back and gloat over my build.  The build time I posted is the actual time spent building and not including all my little breaks which pushed it to over 5 Hours.

Links really well with the other sets and has a high amount of play value.

Number of Pieces: 922

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.09

Build Time: 3.25 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...