Monday 17 August 2020

Lego Hogwarts Express 75955

 I was really taken aback by this kit.  I knew the box photo looked good but somehow it doesn't do the actual product justice and, to be honest, neither do my photos.  The little details are what makes this set and, despite being a grown adult, I spent an overly long time playing with Platform 93/4 after building the station platform.  The wall is on a "swing" so you can actually push the included luggage through the wall and it gave me an inordinate amount of pleasure.

The build itself was incredibly fun and gave me so much pleasure.  I am a bit of a train fan in general so the tie in for me with Harry Potter was a no brainer but I was pleasantly surprised at how detailed the Hogwarts Express itself is.  It really does look like a steam engine and I loved the little dial decals for the engine - really did look similar to the inside of the engine cabs I have at The National Railway Museum.

For me this is one of the best value Lego kits currently out there.  It works well as a display item and the play value is enormous if you are purchasing for a younger person (or an older one like me that embraces the sheer fun of make believe.

Number Of Pieces: 801

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.09

Build Time:
Station - 1 Hour
Train - 2 Hours





 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...