Monday 17 August 2020

Lego Hogwarts Whomping Willow 75953

 There were two reasons I decided to purchase this kit; partly for the fact it links to the Great Hall but mainly for the Ford Anglia.  I was not disappointed at all, the detail on the Ford Anglia is wonderfully done and I was really happy with how it looked when it was built.  The Whomping Willow looks incredible when built but getting the green leaf pieces to stay in place when you rotate it can be a bit of a chore, you need to really push them in VERY firmly and then cross your fingers.

Once you have the car and tree built you then move on to what I can only describe as the ramparts.  To say this is primarily a linking kit there is a lot of details in the set.  The main tower which forms the owlery is a real pain to attach and it took me several goes and still I couldn't do much more than balance it on.  It wasn't until I built another kit that I figured out how to snap the pieces together so it is now secure instead of just balancing on top precariously.

Number Of Pieces: 753

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.08

Build Time:
Car and Whomping Willow - 1 Hour
Ramparts - 13/4 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...