Sunday 6 December 2020

Lego Journey To The Skull Dungeons 71717

 The Ninjago sets continue to surprise me in a very good way.  I will be honest and say the only reason I purchased this set because of the board game feature - I bought the Skull Dungeon because it looked incredible on the pack art and then got this because it ties in for a board game.

The little castle dungeon this builds is really nicely detailed and was a really enjoyable construction experience.  It comes with a little pathway up to the dungeon itself which forms the spaces for the board game and is surprisingly large when all put together.  I really liked that there is a little cot bed in the dungeon so at least your minifigure captive can be comfy.

As seems to be the case with these Ninjago kits there are a plethors of minifigures included and the little Orc type guy is incredibly detailed.  Sadly he doesn't fit in the cage with his battle axe in hand but he does fit without it.

The mechanism for the cage raising and lowering is simple and very effective.

Definitely a fan of this kit and it is going to look great when I get the whole 4 built and on display - likely will never actually play the board game as it is a rather basic race to the end style game but the gameplay available with even just this as a stand alone piece is incredible and reminds me strongly of the castle kits from the late 1980s/early 1990s and this is a GOOD thing.

Number Of Pieces: 401

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.06

Build Time: 1.25 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...