Sunday 6 December 2020

Hot Mess by Lucy Vine

This was a fun dis-engage brain before reading book.  It was light and didn't take itself too seriously so perfect for settling down with a cuppa for a 15 minute bit of me-time.  Definitely easy to pick up and put down around normal life (as much as you can call 2020 normal) and you know each time you pick it up you will be entertained.

Ellie's voice is really strong as she narrates us through her life.  I loved that it felt like you were having a quick catch up with a really good friend every time you dived in to the book.  Yes, it covers a lot of ground and there is no real plot to speak of.  Life isn't a plot, it just is and this book portrays that and I loved the juxtaposition between being at work and your brain very definitely being on anything but work.  I'm not sure why Ellie refers to her life as a Hot Mess as she seems to have it pretty much together from my perspective.

Relaxing and fun read that won't teach you anything but WILL keep you entertained.

This review has been a long time coming.  I actually read this book between the 9th and 11th July 2020 so my memory is a bit foggy about all the plot lines.  Fortunately, I have a notebook where I jot some initial thoughts on the book and an overall ranking so between the book blurb and that I did have a reasonable handle on what I thought at the time of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...