Saturday 23 January 2021

Lego Slave I - 20th Anniversary Edition - 75243

 Whilst I am a fan of the original Star Wars trilogy, I haven't been able to build many of the ships as The Boy has decided that they are going to be all his.  I did twist his arm in to purchasing this particular model and he really isn't keen on it so I finally managed to get my hands on a Ship build.

Really glad that I did as this was a lot of fun and it is surprisingly stable when built, I did expect it to be pretty fragile.  Even better technic beams are used to create a collapsible handle on the base of the ship so it is really easy to pick up and it makes swooping it through the air so unbelievably simple - yes, yes, I may be a grown up but I still had to fly it for a little bit.

The mini figures are really cool.  Of course, with it being a ship there is not a lot of option to display them on the model but I think I figured something out that works for me.  For some reason I really struggle to get mini figs to stand up on my shelving so I always want to try and fit them on my builds then they don't get lost.

Overall it looks really effective built and the colour choices with the dark mint against the burgundy really work well and give a good rendition of the ship.  However, there is a slight disparity in the colour of the burgundy round edging pieces with the left being a shade darker than the right.  Not really noticeable unless you have it under good lighting (my display is very poor lighting at the moment) but I know it's there and it annoys me.

Other than that this was a really fun build with very few stickers.

Number Of Pieces: 1007

Approximate Price Per Piece: RETIRED PRODUCT

Build Time: 3.25 Hours











No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...