Saturday 23 January 2021

Lego Pirate Ship 31109

 I was really pulled in to this one from the pack art.  To me Pirates are one of the things that Lego is all about and because the sails on the ship are brick built this one really interested me.  Unfortunately, it is a 3-in1 build and the optional builds just looked so awesome on the box that I knew I would not be able to decide which one to build for display which led me to buying multiples of the kit and I have to say I'm really glad I did.  The resulting scene from building all 3 will look incredible when I get around to doing more than just plonking them on a shelf.  Even better, I have a LOT of left over pieces which will either go in my stash or get used for some accessories to go with the display - the jury is still out on which way I'm going to go with this one.

There are 2 books in the set.  The first one covers the build for the Pirate Ship and the Tavern and the second covers the build for Skull Island.  Only little glitch was that whilst the Pirate Ship follows the bag system so is relatively speedy to put together the Island and the Tavern do not follow the bags so you need to pre sort all the bricks before starting.  I decided to sort by colour in to tubs which took 30 minutes per build and is included in my build times below.

The overall functionality and look of all 3 options is so detailed.  It's little things like the skull on the Island lifting up to give access to the cave that make these incredible fun.  The Pirate mini figures are fun and I need to give a special shout out to the peg leg on the Captain - made me laugh each time I built him.  Even better you build the Shark and he is genuinely fabulous when constructed.

Overall this is right up there in my Top 10 Lego kits.  Whilst I knew it was going to be fun to build I didn;t expect all 3 options to be so incredible.  Very, very happy AFOL over here.

Number Of Pieces: 1264

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time:
Pirate Ship - 3.5 Hours
Tavern - 4 Hours
Skull Island - 3.25 Hours









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...