Saturday 23 January 2021

Lego Skull Sorcerer's Dragon 71721

 The pack art for this one really drew me in and as I already had the Skull Sorcerer's Dungeon it would have been churlish of me not to buy it to flesh out the boardgame option.  Admittedly, I've never tried to play it but that didn't stop me wanting to get all the sections for it - nice marketing Lego Group...lol.

When I started building I hadn't realised that it came with some nice little scenes to construct before you get to the main even of the dragon.  These are nicely detailed and, even better, include a wonderful stone mini figure that made this non-mini-fig collector exceptionally happy.  Talking of Mini Figures the bad guys that are included with this Ninjago set are top notch, in fact they definitely rank in my favourites - Cole, Kai, Lloyd and crew are okay but the bad guys are really where it is at on the Ninjago kits and these are second only to Fire Fang.

The dragon himself looks fantastic built and is actually really sturdy when built.  I was surprised at how tough he is and definitely great for play.  I love the little rubber band mechanism that allows you to house a "spider egg" in the rib cage of the dragon and drop it like a little bio-bomb.  Great little feature that adds to gameplay and also adds a nice bright pop of colour to the model when on display.

He is really large when built and the wingspan is impressive.  The cloth wings keep it light and look good when fitted.

On the whole super impressed with the finished model.

Number Of Pieces: 1016

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.07

Build Time: 2.75 Hours






 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...