Thursday 6 May 2021

Lego Budgie 40443

 I went back and forwards with this one as the adult budgie is a really cool looking build but the baby one is somehow lacking the detail of the larger bird.  I get that there is a scaling issue but using 1x1 pieces would have allowed more detail on the small one, after all there are a lot of 1x1 tiles and slopes used on the larger bird to create the feathers and they look incredible so why use 1x3 so much on the small one?

Overall they do make a lovely display set and if you are a bird owner these are a definite must have as they look so cool on display.  The blend of yellow and green is so traditionally Budgie that you can tell immediately what they are going to be but I think I would have preferred a less traditional colour way because I am ornery like that.  Nice and sturdy too and despite being knocked down the hallway with a stray shopping bag no bits fell off either the birds or the tray.

A lot of fun to build and slightly different techniques used on both birds so you don't get jaded with the build.  Although, it is a nice quick one to construct so you aren't likely to zone out of the build.  Definitely draw the eye on display and make a nice little ornamental piece.

Number Of Pieces: 261

Approximate Price Per Piece: £0.05

Build Time: 30 Minutes

 

Why not check out my Build With Me of this kit:


 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...