Monday 30 July 2018

Click Date Repeat Series Box Set by K J Farnham

This duo really are a tale of two halves, and to be honest neither of them is particularly great.  I have reviewed them seperately but a brief summation follows:

Click Date Repeat - 3 Stars
By far the better of the two books.  It gets the balance between characters mostly right and each one feels like they are a genuine person - so both good and bad personality traits.  Even the disastrous dates have a little bit of believability about the characters; sadly I think this is coincidental and they are supposed to be out and out appalling.
The main character, Chloe, is a good mixture of appealing and horrendous but not in a way that made me want to befriend her or even really root for her.
Good look at the early days of online dating and I think the nostalgia factor worked in its favour.

Click Date Repeat Again - 1 Star
Completely unlikeable main character.  This makes it very difficult to engage with the book as you find yourself completely blase about whether or not she gets her life together, let alone her love life.  The humour of the first book is completely missing in this one and it comes across as quite unpleasant in places.

Overall I would struggle to recommend these books to anyone and, on reflection, I am now wondering if the first book deserved those 3 stars.  I will leave it as is as I fear my judgement of it has been coloured by how much I disliked the second in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...