Wednesday 20 June 2018

Storm Front by Jen Greyson

For me this was by far the worst of the first three books in the Tesla Time Travellers series.  Apart from Gray popping up with a weapon that can disable Evy's lightning nothing really happens of any note and it all feels like a rehash of the previous two books.  I get that time is a loop so events will overlap but we just seem to spend all our time either revisiting previous events or putting up with Evy's moping/intimacy with Constantine.

I did enjoy the first two books but this one I was racing to finish and not in a good way - I just wanted it all to be over so I could move on to something else.

The things we needed to know from this book were finally addressed towards the end but we still don't know exactly where Tianna went to when she disappeared from the warehouse.  The relationship between Evy/Penya, Penya/Ilif and Evy/Ilif had a sort of resolution but it does raise the question if you can travel through time and time is a loop can you ever really be dead?

None of this is really resolved in order to pave the way for further books in the series but as this one felt like we were running out of ideas rather quickly I don't think I'll bother with them.  Really this should have been a 1 Star review but I did enjoy the final confrontation scene so I marked it up for that alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...