Sunday 1 April 2018

Paper Dolls by Anya Allyn

This is a much less gothic horror than Dollhouse and, as such, makes for far less uncomfortable reading.  In this book we get to learn of Jessamine's history and also how the girls are faring in the aftermath of their rescue.  I can't really talk too much about the plot of this as it will give the complete plot away.  All I will say is YES, what you think happened to Cassie did happen, the boys they meet on vacation are who you think they are and things really aren't going to get better any time soon.

The characters in this book are so rich and multi-dimensional it is impressive.  None of the original cast behave in a manner away from what we have come to expect and the newly introduced characters are quickly drawn on to the page so the reader can easily become immersed.  The action in this novel moves from Australia to Florida but there is an unexpected link between the two locations for Cassie to discover.

What I particularly enjoyed was the background for Jessamine.  Moving through her life in the circus, how she got her scars and her eventual death - nothing is quite what we were led to believe in the first book.  We also learn much more about the sinister Henry and, you know what, I'm beginning to think that maybe he really isn't as black as he has been painted.

This book ends on a cliffhanger and I can't wait to start book three but I am pacing myself with this series as I really don't want to spoil it all by binging.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...