Saturday 4 January 2020

The Last 12 Months

Well 2019 was definitely a year of ups and downs.  At least my reading didn't suffer (only 36 books less than 2018!) and after all, it is about quality more than quantity (although I do seem to be getting generally harder to impress).





Got to love Goodreads making it easy for me to keep track and I have a nasty habit of scrolling through my Year In Books on a regular basis.

I have found myself becoming tougher in my reviews and I have finally managed to stop myself from apologising for not liking a book.  Whilst I can appreciate how tough it is to get a book published or having the self-belief to even sit down and try to write one I am finally getting my head around the fact that my review is not going to make or break a book's sales and that ultimately I am not going to sway the opinion of a fellow Book Worm.  Yes, it might hurt the Author's feelings when I don't like something but the same is true of the appreciation of any artistic field; it is too personal an experience for both the creator and their audience to be without emotional cost.

Here's hoping that not only will I read plenty of good books in 2020 (hopefully some fantastic ones too) but that I will keep up the reviewing and not fall 12 or 15 books behind as I did on the regular in 2019.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...