Monday 5 March 2018

The Little Lady Collection by Hester Browne

I had already purchased the first book in this series and found it to be an enjoyable book in it's genre and when I saw the second two for sale in a bundle I thought it would be a sensible purchase.  I had to skip past the first book as I had only recently read it but this was no problem at all.  I have reviewed all the books independantly but a brief summary would be:

The Little Lady Agency - 3.5 Stars
Good solid set up to how The Little Lady Agency comes in to being and spotted by wonderfully rich characters.  Only spoiled by everything being a little bit "upper middle-class English" and vaguely impenetrable in places.

Little Lady, Big Apple - 4 Stars
Much more polished storytelling this time around and everything just feels more settled in this book.  The wry humour and hopeless relationships are still there but in a much more pleasing way than the first book.  Set, as the title suggests, mainly in New York this is the strange Melissa/Honey hybrid being brought out to play for the first time rather than as separate individuals.

What The Lady Wants - 3 Stars
The weakest of the 3 books but still entertaining once you get past the plot holes.  Less of the "fixing" people in this one though and more of the romantic entanglements and boorish family.

Overall this is a middle of the road trilogy.  Ideal for curling up on bad weather days with a glass of wine and a box of chocolates to just enjoy a little bit of escapism.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lego Tony Stark's Sakaarian Iron Man 76194

 I know nothing about the "What If" TV show but what I do know is that I absolutely LOVE Mechs and Lego always manage to put somet...